Our attorneys have advised issuers of digital securities since as early as 2018, and have gained understanding and experience crucial to navigating complex questions of law and technology faced by issuers. Digital securities can represent ownership interests in a variety of entities and indirectly in any type of asset. The benefits of blockchain and smart contract technology allow for the issuance of securities in a secure and transparent manner. Importantly, digital securities may be issued in compliance with, rather than in contravention, of existing regulations.
Services and Expertise
- Digital Securities
- Real Estate Tokenization
- SEC Compliance and Blue-Sky Filings
- Private Offerings under Regulation D, Regulation S Regulation A, and Regulation Crowdfunding
- Private and Exempt Funds under Section 3(c)(1), Section 3(c)(7), and Section 3(c)(5) Funds
- Investment Adviser Compliance
- Advise real estate firm, La Estancia, in launching one of the first ever security token offerings, a $75 million STO backed by income-producing resort property located in the Dominican Republic.
- Advised tokenization platform in issuing $105 million in digital securities for a commercial real estate fund.
- Advised commercial real estate firm in offering digital debt securities representing promissory notes.
- Counseled a real estate private equity firm in partnership with a broker-dealer and alternative trading system to enable the trading of approximately $6.5 million of securities representing equity in a real estate development project in Dallas, Texas.
- Advised Hong Kong-based private airline in $50 million security token offering to allow investors the opportunity to have a digital ownership in certain company owned business aircrafts and the future profitability of the company’s fleet of private jets.
- Advised Blockchain-based gaming and NFT company to conduct $5 million security token offering.
- Advised Hong Kong-based company in launching $30 million security token offering with of automated logistics warehouses.
Presentation: Tokenizing Real Estate (2022) by Tyler Harttraft, Esq.