Our attorneys provide legal clarity to those operating within the Non-Fungible Token industry. NFTs carry data that specifies anything from a .JPEG, MP4, or .PDF of a contract on an immutable blockchain. This means NFTs cannot be tampered with. However, there are significant legal implications regarding royalties, legal status, copyright, and licensing issues that we help clients navigate daily. Representing a few of the largest play-to-earn NFT based games in the industry, our lawyers have been around since cryptopunks launched. From exchanges to individual issuers, we bring tech-based clarity to those in the industry.
Services and Expertise
- NFT Token Platform Advising
- NFT Minting and Sales Guidance
- Anti-Money Laundering Advising
- NFT Consulting and Development Agreements
- NFT Purchase Agreements
- NFT Investment Fund Advising
- Service Provider Agreements
- NFT Platform Terms of Service
- Updated Guidance for a Risk-Based Approach to Virtual Assets and Virtual Asset Service Providers Updated Guidance for a Risk-Based Approach to Virtual Assets and Virtual Asset Service Providers. (October 28, 2021)
- Application of FinCEN’s Regulations to Certain Business Models Involving Convertible Virtual Currencies (May 9, 2019)
- Advisory and Guidance on Potential Sanctions Risks Arising From Dealings in High-Value Artwork (Oct. 30, 2020).
- FinCEN Informs Financial Institutions of Efforts Related to Trade in Antiquities and Art (March 9, 2021)